Fresh Referral Recipe: Import Your Facebook Friends
Working the Revaluate booth at a conference recently one of our customers BLEW ME AWAY.
You probably have 1 or 2 thousand Facebook friends, perhaps more, right?
Well, we built Revaluate to identify likely movers in your database – but since Facebook no longer has an “export” tool or an API there was no way to get your best network into Revaluate other than one at a time email entry. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Our client told me he found a work around, that he now is using Revaluate to identify college buddies from Facebook that are likely to move across the country. Using this method, he generated 5 referrals in 3 months!
This is not just a cherry on top of Revaluate, it’s a whole cherry dessert!
I will warn you – its not a one step recipe, but it is easy, and the results taste like sweet success.
Let us show the Referral Jubilee Recipe – you how to track your Facebook contacts, so you can know who is most likely to move.
Fresh Referrals Jubilee
Special thanks to our awesome client and Top Broker Jennifer Egbert in Boulder, Co. for her time making this video.
Also, you can schedule a time to chat with Revaluate data expert Chace here.
Estimated Time: 13 Min
Prep – 3 Min
Cook – 10 Min
1 Revaluate Account
1 Facebook Account
1 Yahoo Account (Free: https://login.yahoo.com/account/create )
Pairs well with an ISA or a nice FB marketing plan
Open Facebook & login
- Search for Revaluate (click “like” or say hello!)
Open your Yahoo account & login (go get one, Best if fresh / new)
- Click: Contacts Page Icon (upper left corner, the icon with a head)
- Click the words: Import from Facebook (on left, part way down)
- Click the button: Import New (to the right of the Facebook logo)
- Simmer for 1 Min (more for larger Facebook accounts)
- Look for the word “Actions” above and to the left of the Facebook logo.
- Click the dropdown and select “Export”
- Select file format “Yahoo CSV”
- Click the “Export Now” Button
- This will save your Facebook contacts to your computer in a CSV file named “Yahoo Contacts”
Open Revaluate & login
- Click “Import Contacts” (found in the black / left margin navigation)
- 2 Options here – either works well:
- Drag the “Yahoo Contacts CSV” file into the “Upload a file” Box
- Click to pick manually, then select “Yahoo Contacts CSV)
- Success! (A green bar should be at the top of the page)
I tried this today and got this message :
Choose the format you would like to export your contacts in. All contacts except your Facebook contacts will be exported. 🙁
Facebook contacts requires a special trick! Contact us / Set up a time with one of our data experts and we can show you.