How to Become the “Forever Agent”
How do you become the neighborhood real estate agent? How do you stand out to your sphere for repeat business and referrals? On this week’s AMA, Ellen Shaikun, joins us as a longtime Revaluate user to share how she is becoming her community’s “forever agent” and how you can too!
Ellen is a self-proclaimed technology lover and data nerd herself. She has tried everything to grow her business from the first ever Apple computer to online leads. Out of all the technology she has tried, Revaluate is the #1 product to start meaningful conversations with people who need help.
When it comes to Revaluate, there are 2 products that can be used together: Reveal and Reside. Reveal is our core product that incorporates public and private data including government, social, search and spending insights to deliver highly accurate intelligence on prospects most likely to move. Reside allows you to choose new geographic areas for customer growth. This new database will introduce you to market segments, people, and business opportunities that you may never have otherwise connected with.
Whether the contacts in your database are yours or a blend of new contacts with Reside, communication styles to each group needs to be different. Ellen tells us her process from start to finish with her Revaluate data:
- Check your Revaluate scores often! Before you have the chance to reach out, sometimes they already put their house on the market. Scores are updated daily so their scores can move up or down overnight.
- If a ‘very likely mover’ is someone you know in your sphere, reach out immediately! It’s easy to reach out to someone you already know. They don’t need to know why, but you can frame the conversation as “how’s it going?”. Hopefully the conversation opens to topics as to why their score indicates a life event. Remember, give value! How can you help?
- If a ‘very likely mover’ is someone new and you do not know them personally, ease them into your introductory marketing.
- Ellen starts with 2 mailers- one with real estate related information and the other with humor! She uses a pattern interruption strategy to stand out from other real estate agents. While most send out CMAs, she uses different language and offerings others aren’t using like “pinpoint price analysis” or “room by room review”. Her big tip: get out of normal real estate lingo!
- Her followup is a letter with a handwritten envelope. By now, it should be clear to the receiving end that you have their contact information and you will be reaching out.
- Next is a BombBomb video email that shows who you are and what you bring to the table. Ellen sends a market analysis of the home as well as reasons why these figures are important beyond immediately buying and selling. Remind them that their home is a part of their portfolio and a huge asset.
Forever is not used very often in the professional world. But helping people with one of the largest transactions of their life makes a memory that lasts forever. Ellen learns this motto from her brokerage at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices that these are her forever clients. Forever means to help, reach out, and support people as long as you can!
“We have to continue to be creative. We have to continue to listen. And we have to continue to bring the human element to what we’re doing.”
Thank you, Ellen, for joining us and sharing all the ways Revaluate can transform your business.